11.26.2018

Thanksgiving Break 2018

We had some sweet days last week, celebrating Thanksgiving.  There was no school and that felt like Christmas came early! 
Things like relaxed play and no schedule made it so sweet:
The first couple days, the kids had a slumber party with their Mia and Papa in Redlands.
While they were gone, we had a double date with two of our favorite people and a place we had never been to before at the Spectrum:
 We love our Elkins!
I worked on Thanksgiving day, but my parents were coming out so we still got to plan some fun things for hosting a thanksgiving dinner!
And we even snuck treats in for ourselves that weren't on the list.
 Kit brined his turkey and appropriately used a (new) Home Depot bucket with words that couldn't have been more perfect as he went to smoking his first turkey.
Instead of having our family out of town in Santa Maria, they were home waiting for me with an amazing meal.  Mia and Papa spent the night which made it so special too!
All the fun was happening at home while I was over at work, but I am thankful for my job and my coworkers!
It was a good day and I had a really great shift with my friends at work.❤︎
There is so much to be thankful for and as the week came to a close, I couldn't help but reflect on all the things that God has given us that bring so much joy to our lives, each other, our health, our family and community, our home and clean water and food... 
Most importantly, a life we get to live with our Jesus.