9.07.2018

Kit making my DIY dreams come true...

Years ago I found this little side table at a local store that was going out of business for about 12 dollars.  
It's worked fine but one of the legs is a tiny bit shorter so I have had to rig it up to not topple over.  Again, for 12 bucks, it worked great.
I had an idea to use wood that had been left by our previous owner in our garage rafters to make a new side table.  Kit took what I had envisioned and made it even better than I could have imagined.
 We reinforced the base so that we had a spot to nail gun the boards to:
Then we measured and cut and nailed the boards into place.
(This is the point in the story where Kit decided to try to teach me how to measure things up to 3/8 or 1/16 and read the tiny lines to be exact.  Lets just say there is a reason I am not the one who is best at helping my kids with their math homework...)
Then, he pulled out a beautiful piece of walnut from a project he had done last Christmas.
 We didn't want nail holes so we used wood glue/liquid nails and then put lots of weight to let it set.
Then he sanded and did two coats of polyeurethane:
This is where Kit sits to spend time in scripture, he sits here to read to the kids and talk about their day and the space has become such a special spot for our family.
Kit Rae, thank you for helping make this even better than I could have imagined.