9.05.2018

15 years...

I was reminded that this last June marked 15 years of being a nurse at St Jude.  
I came in as a newly wed, new grad, trying to figure so many things out... Oncology is what opened the door for my nursing career.  I worked for three years with our pain resource team and palliative care team in the hospital and in preparation for discharge.  I was so thankful for those years.  I don't want to forget those days.
Fast forward to now.  
Postpartum is my heart beat.  I have noticed that there are similarities to oncology.  The beginning and end of life are both so sacred.  The environment that is created is for not only the patient but for the support family and friends.  Both are days that are marked by incredible emotion and afterward, people's lives are changed and families are never the same.  God has given me the  blessing to have witnessed both on multiple occasions.  I love being a nurse and though the job continues to change and evolve, I love that the heart, mission, and calling behind it hasn't.