12.13.2016

Christmas Gatherings...

This time of year is my favorite for so many reasons, but one of best is the time that we get to be with our family and friends.  
Our Life group Christmas party last Tuesday...
We ate amazing food, sang Christmas carols, watched as the kids all exchanged gifts with each other, and just talked and laughed together...  It was a really special night!
 I really love these people!
Last Thursday, we were supposed to be at our church Leadership Christmas party, but about 5 minutes after getting there, Ryder felt sick, so we went home and he proceeded to spend the evening throwing up twice and feeling miserable.  
Eden had just enough time to get a fun drink:
And to take a picture with her dad in the photo booth:
We also had planned to have our Costa Mesa team come over after the party for chili and hang out time... We had done it last year and had had the best time.
Well, this was about as far as we got on the party before I had to cancel it:
(When having people over for FOOD, I count using Italian numbers: about 20 people coming?  I will cook for 35-40... It's just how I roll...)
My heart was so sad, but our friend Alex ended up coming over and the three of us talked well into the night over big bowls of chili, which seemed to redeem the evening for me.
(I will say, I have plenty of chili in my freezer at this point...❤︎)
Overall, amidst the disappointments of my poor kiddo being sick and missing out on fun, and canceling plans with loved ones, I am thankful for the opportunities that we have to be with people that we love...