12.08.2016

Advent...

For our family and our church, Advent is the anticipation that comes with celebrating the birth of Jesus.  One of the ways that we kick that off is setting up our nativity scene that had once belonged to my grandparents, and reading through the second chapter of Luke.  
I use the Jesus Storybook Bible and little cards that I had laminated when Kit and I were engaged, hoping that this would be a tradition that we could do each Christmas.  I sometimes also use the Jesus Storybook Bible too.
HOPE, PEACE, JOY, and LOVE... What incredible themes to focus our hearts as we prepare to celebrate the Our King's birth!
 Now, if you can't find Eden or it is unusually quiet for an extended period of time, know that this is where she will be: Arranging and rearranging the scene...
(Also, our neighbor came to give the kiddos "advent" calendars from Trader Joe's,  so now, "Advent" is served with a little extra sweetness...❤︎