2.03.2016

Finishing touches on our fireplace room...

Well, it only took a little less than two years, but we have finally been able to have a space that seems cohesive and put together.  
Here it was when we did our walk through:
Here it was once Kit finished the fireplace:
And this is how it has sat until about a month ago.
After scouring Craigslist, dumpster diving for curbside finds, pulling items from around our house,  making stops at thrift stores, and finding the chair at Ikea, here is our new space:
 I have plans for the white wall above the chair that a sweet friend is helping me with...❤︎
I just can't even hold in my excitement to show it to you when it is finished!
Our evening view:
This room is for adult conversations, snuggling with the kids and books and reading in front of the fire.  It's for being able to watch the kids play in the sun room but still feel like they have their own space and I'm not hovering.
It feels cozy and warm.  It feels rustic and home made.
It feels like us, and that means it feels like home.
It was worth the wait to have it how we want.  There will always be tweaks and things to add or move, but this has quickly become my favorite space in our house!
But probably I just love this house so much because of who I get to share it with...❤︎