2.08.2016

Father/Daughter Valentine's Ball

This last Friday, Kit took Eden to a Father/Daughter Valentine's ball put on by some of our friends.  It was her first time at anything like this.  The time leading up to it, Eden kept saying that she was getting married to her dad.  She would tell everyone, "I'm going to be married to my daddy and I'm wearing a beautiful dress and he is getting me a ring and we are going to dance!"  When she found out she was going, she told me she knew exactly what she wanted to wear and proceeded to take me directly to where my wedding dress was being stored in a closet.  We came up with a more appropriate option...❤︎ I think it's safe to say that she just thinks her daddy is the best and was SO excited to go!
 
 The felt rose corsage that she and Kit made...
And dancing her little heart out!
While these two did this, Ryder and I went out to one of our favorite Mexican food places, got ice cream, and headed home to get in our PJs and watch Bolt and ate popcorn...
 We talked about school and things that he loves, like snuggling together in the mornning and playing sports and doing things with numbers...
 We laughed at silly things we say and do, like how we have dance parties and dance in the silliest of ways and the inside jokes that we share as a family...
 We just enjoyed being together!
 Evenings like these, where we get such intentional one on one time, make our life so sweet and full!
What amazing kiddos we have and I pray I never take for granted how GOOD I have it as a mom.
I love this little family of mine!❤︎