8.15.2014

writing

Preschool is coming and that has made me get motivated to be more consistent with things like practicing our alphabet, number recognition, and writing.  The truth is, Ryder has never really had an interest in writing, but I would LOVE to have him familiar with writing his name before he starts school in September.  So I have tried to make it fun:
 r-y-d-e-r  r-a-e
I figure if we can write an r and an e, we are practically there...♥
 Of course Eden was involved too...
 This was his first attempt at writing his name.
 I will be keeping these. 
He was patient and didn't get frustrated and kept trying even when he was sad it wasn't looking how he wanted.
Here was the next day when he wrote his full name for the first time:
The "e" is currently his least favorite but this kid can rock a lowercase "r" and "d".
I am so excited for all that is before him in preschool this fall.
His world will be open to so many things and I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to come along side of him and watch him flourish!