9.06.2013

creating: stenciled monogramed pillow

If you walk around our house, you will see that I have a thing for the letter 'R'.  They are everywhere.  Well, I just can't get enough.  Here is my most recent 'r' acquisition:
 First I bought plain plastic stencil sheets.  I found a font that I liked on the computer and just traced it right onto the sheet from the screen.
 Then I cut it out using an exacto knife:
 I used Martha Stewart's fabric paint from Michael's and a pillow case cover that I got from IKEA for a couple bucks:
 Ryder helped me to tape it to the fabric.  He felt so BIG!
(My trick when stenciling on fabric is to line the stencil with double sided tape so that the letter or image stays put.)
The final product:
My other trick when doing a project like this is to either tackle it when Eden is napping  or to do it when she is hungry and I can keep her occupied in her highchair:
I went with the highchair option♥.