6.06.2011

Kit comes home!

Kit came home this morning and I am just giddy with excitement! We had so much fun this last weekend with baby showers and celebrating my nephews birthday, but it was really hard to not think about Kit's homecoming!

Things I missed about Kit (in no particular order):
1. his calm presence in our home
2. his cooking
3. his smile
4. how he does SO MUCH with and for Ryder
5. he makes sure the car is full of gas
6. he makes sure that at some point during the day I have a break
7. his sense of humor and laughing together
8. how he runs all kinds of errands for me, (and takes Ryder with him...)
9. he is my sounding board. I missed talking with him...
10. eating dinner together
11. falling asleep to him breathing. (It is very comforting.)
12. how he mows the lawn... I love it when he does the yard work...
13. I don't worry about anything happening to the house because it seems like Kit can fix anything. It's peace of mind living with someone like that.
14. how he does Ryder's bath time and puts him down. I miss that and I know that Ryder does too...
15. did I mention his sense of humor and laughing with him? We have these side splitting moments each day that i can't tell you how much I missed...
16. our nightly walks around the neighborhood with Ryder.
17. when he gets Ryder first thing in the morning and changes him. That is a great way to start the day...
18. when he makes coffee for us in the morning
19. when I have had a hard day with Ryder and he calls on his way home and says "I think I will just pick something up, how does that sound, what do you want?"
20. when he prays for us.
I just missed HIM!!!
It doesn't feel like home when Kit isn't here and I was so excited to actually get him home.
WELCOME HOME KIT RAE!!!
We missed you terribly and we couldn't love you more!

ps: I couldn't post and NOT include pictures of his trip.
Note: Kit came home with over 650 pictures so picking favorites was a little challenging so we had to make a flickr account just to share them all...
Here are some of my favorites: