6.07.2010

thirty years old...

I am thirty years old today, and it feels great! I wasn't sure if I would have a hard time leaving my 20's but overall, I'm ready for this new decade of life.
I got birthday doughnuts and Kit got me a Barnes and Noble gift card (best gift ever!) and brought me a fun coffee drink from Starbucks. We ordered food from our favorite place, Rutabegorz in downtown Fullerton and then rented a movie. It was so fun to spend the day with Ryder. He was full of smiles and just as delightful as could be. It was a really nice day. It was fun to have had a party on saturday and then to just lay low today.

I was journaling about today and it made me think about my life so far. I don't know about you but sometimes asking the question "Would I change anything in my life?" or "Is there anything that makes me want to live someone else's life?", is a pretty scary thing. But I really do have to say that I don't just enjoy living life, but I thoroughly love and enjoy MY life.

Here are the things that compiled my grateful list over the last 30 years:
1. My marriage to Kit
2. My baby boy and entering into motherhood
3. Our incredible families and close friends (Having incredible women in my life is huge for this one. Being close with my mom and sister is just the greatest thing ever...)
4. Our church
5. My job as a postpartum nurse that I love
6. Kit loves his job
7. Our health (though we both realize that we could stand to lose a tiny bit of weight...)
8.Our house that we have been able to turn into our home
9. Education (inside an outside of the classroom... the ability to learn new things)
10.Traveling and seeing things all over the world
11.The ability to DREAM about what the next thirty plus years will look like.

I wanted to share this list because I don't think I realize how good I have it. I complain all the time about the dumbest stuff and don't step back to see all the good things that I get to experience everyday.
I look forward to this new decade and all that it holds and I want to thank those of you that live life with me.
You make my life so good!