6.10.2010

discouragement...

I wanted to share about some health stuff that has been really discouraging me lately. I have decided to breast feed Ryder, and with that has come mastitis, which turned into an abscess, which turned into the need for needle aspirations, which turned into the need for lancing which led to an open hole in my chest that needs dressing changes and packing. I have still been breast feeding but man, I feel like I just can't beat this thing. I feel like the first few months of his life I have had a hard time holding him comfortably and it just makes me want to cry. I have been on three types and four cycles of antibiotics. I am sore or in pain ALL the time and I can't tell you how frustrating that is. I know it could be so much worse, but for our family, in the life stage that we are in, I feel so defeated. Ryder has been handling it like a champ and Kit has really stepped in, but I just wish it would get better faster. I am trying to look at the bright side, and the best thing I can think of is being with this little munch before, during, and after feedings.
I wanted to thank all of you for loving on me with your kind words of encouragement, your thoughts and prayers. They have meant so much to me. I will keep you posted on our progress.