2.29.2024

February books 2024

 Happy Leap Year!  Here are the books I read this month.  This month I only had two but both were really good!

This book looks at how we can bring living life with Jesus into loving and caring for our neighbor through a political lens.  I am overly simplifying her book but how she looks at life with Jesus and spiritual formation and spiritual disciplines and how those not only effect us personally, but corporately as a body of believers and how we can take that to benefit our neighbors in the name of Christ.  It is so good and I really think every Christ follower should read and have the opportunity to reflect on.  So many good thought provoking topics that Kit and I have loved discussing.
This simple book is the third that I have read by this author.  I love her take on making a home and the gratitude that comes with living full lives with less junk.  Easy read and I loved her photographs and ideas. 
I have been a fan of SARK since the early 90's and it was fun to pull out this old favorite for an easy read with creative inspiration!
I have recently been going through our home and decluttering and pulling things out that I haven't used. This book was a fun one because it unpacks the Danish way of life called "Hygge".  Hygge, in it's most simple definition is:  
creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people.
I love the idea of creating a home with this idea in mind.  I also really enjoyed learning about what the author has learned through his work at the Happiness Research Institute and he applies that to daily life. I really enjoyed this very simple read.  I also want to take a trip to Denmark...❤︎
I am new to this author and I really enjoyed her writing.  This book is a novel about a family and the generational legacy and stories of families, and in this case, a blended family.  I always enjoy when characters are developed and you find yourself routing for some characters and strongly disliking others.  I love stories with twists and revelations that bring characters together. I really enjoyed it!  I am looking forward to reading more from this author!