8.16.2023

Back to School dinner 2023

Monday night we had our Back to School dinner.  It's a time for us to pause and look with anticipation to the year ahead, pray for our teachers, faculty, fellow classmates, and school district.  We choose a verse that we hold as an anchor for the year.  This year's verse:  

Psalm 117:2~

For his unfailing love for us is powerful;
the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.

Praise the Lord!

NLT

Time and time again we have seen his faithfulness, through the instructors and teachers they have had, the friendships that have been formed, and the growth we have seen develop...  We feel his presence go before our kids.  He is ALWAYS faithful and his love is POWERFUL!

We pray over our kids and we share a meal.  It all means so much to us.  We have done it every year since Ryder was in Preschool...

I can't believe that we are at the start of a new school year!  I think it will be such a sweet one with the kids being at the same school and having ASB together...  I already feel a joy coming and an excited anticipation of it all from both of the kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is their first day of school.  Yesterday Eden had her new student orientation... My goodness, I love that I can step into each year with such confidence that my kids go with Jesus...  I am trying to be present and capture it all!