9.08.2022

Costa Mesa Tournament (with a little brawl thrown in...)

 This last weekend, Ryder and his Tustin Fire team go to participate in the McMillan Soccer tournament in Costa Mesa.  We made it to the Championship game and lost 0-1 but my goodness, these guys played their hearts out.  The tournament also happened to coincide with a heat wave of temperatures in the 100's!

 
I am so proud of these boys and I can't wait to watch how the season goes for these boys.  Also, I could not be more proud of my son and watching him on and off the field.  He is such a leader!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Side story, after the second game on Saturday, after the game was finished and we had won, a child on the other team went to take down one of our players.  There had been calls made that the other team hadn't liked.  One of our boys had said that they should just let the ref do his job and the other boy did NOT like that.  So, long story short, Ryder broke up a fight on the field.  He actually pulled one player off of another player.  His first time being part of a fight and he made it stop.  He put distance between the two players while the coaches came up to figure out what was going on.  I will tell you, I am SO proud of our kid.  We don't encourage fighting, but we DO encourage defending and protecting friends when the situation calls for it.  It made the tournament eventful for sure...