4.18.2016

Sometimes it's just that way...

Last week was a big one.  It seemed like so many wonderful things happened and I think my mind is still reeling from all of it's goodness and craziness.
The week started with Kit on an overnight lead team on Monday night where he got to connect with his team:
 These crazy wierdos...
That monday I had Ryder's class room party and treat time for his birthday celebration.
On Monday night, I had the privilege of attending a special dinner for the campus pastor wives of ROCKHARBOR and we were able to connect and share our lives and hearts with one another through really fun questions and so much laughter!
 And I was sent home with these beautiful blooms...❤︎
On Tuesday night we hosted our usual family Life Group and the kiddos were given cards with the verse 1 Corinthians 4:16 and the kids decorated them.  We are planning to go with our life group to a retirement community to hand them out the residents!
On Wednesday night before I worked, we watched Kobe Bryant's last game in the NBA after 20 years with the Lakers:
What an incredible game!!!
 I was much more emotional that I had thought I would be...
Then I had my usual workday on Thursday, but this particular Thursday, I was in charge of the snack for the Kindergarten play group and Ryder had a baseball game.  Kit always handles things so well, but I felt like I had things I was trying to manage at work which feels like a distraction that I don't like... 
I was so happy when Thursday was over!
 Then on Friday, I was able to attend the Freedom Movement on their Reckless tour that our church hosted.  
My sweet friend Meg was my date!
It was a night of women sharing stories of what the Lord has done in their lives and how He has freed them from horrible experiences and lies to live life to their fullest with Him.  He makes beautiful things out of dust and our lives reflect that truth of God's love...  I left inspired.  I then proceeded to stand with a friend in the parking lot and talk until almost midnight... Oh my goodness, the night was full of connection, community, and friendships!
The next morning was Ryder's birthday party and I may or may not have consumed MULTIPLE cups of coffee... 
I'll share the party pictures tomorrow...❤︎
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I look back at last week, I am so thankful that that busyness is not our normal.  Sometimes days and weeks are just like that.  I hope that what I take away from those busy moments is that life is full of so much joy and that there are opportunities all around to see a FULL and GOOD life that God has given us.❤︎