8.25.2011

trust

I am reading the book "One Thousand Gifts" and this little passage really stood out to me so I wanted to share it with you...

"I glance back in the mirror to the concrete bridge , the one I've boldly driven straight across without a second thought, and I see truth reflecting back at me: Every time fear freezes and worry writhes, every time I surrender to stress, aren't I advertising the unreliability of God? That I really don't believe? But I'm grateful to the Bridge Builder for the crossing of a million strong bridges, thankful for a million faithful moments, my life speaks and I trust him again. I fearlessly cross the next bridge."

I struggle with worry and stress and this little passage spoke to me in such a profound way that I just stopped reading right there and just prayed for a more trusting heart towards my Jesus.I am so thankful that He is patient with me...