8.26.2011

thankfulness...

Our whole family has been sick, starting with Kit last week, then Ryder got it over the weekend and then I got it at the beginning of the week. We have been fighting coughs, runny noses, ear infections and sleepless nights. I have been making sure that BOTH of my boys take their medicine and drinking enough water and getting enough sleep, while trying to get over my own yuckiness of a cold.

So while running errands, picking up things like children's tylenol and chicken soup, I saw this in my rearview mirror:
and I had a moment of thankfulness. He was totally peaceful and resting. No wheezing. No coughing.
We were supposed to be on vacation this weekend with some of our close friends, at our family's cabin, but because we were sick, the trip was canceled. Needless to say, thankfulness has not been on the forefront of my brain. Things put that in perspective.