7.31.2024

July Books

 Here are the books I read in July!
I found this book absolutely fascinating! It’s basically a book about discovering your chronotype (a person's natural inclination with regard to the times of day when they prefer to sleep or when they are most alert or energetic), and then determining the best time of day to complete your activities: waking up, eating, exercising, problem-solving at work, going to bed, etc. I found it so interesting and it has led to some fun discussions in our house.  You can take a test to see which chronotype you are before reading it.  Then as he discusses each type, you know which to tune into!
The kids both read this for school and I had never read it.  Such a sweet story.  A very quick read, but the story of asking yourself, "If I could choose to live forever, would I?" was such a good one.  I liked her simple character development and story line.  I see why this is required reading forour kids and I would recommend reading it with your kids.  Such good discussions!

This is my second book by this author. it’s another light hearted book version of a romantic comedy. This book had more steamy scenes than the previous one. This book had a theme of recovering from emotional and physical abuse, which I thought the author wrote really well. Overall I thought this was another good one by Abby!
This book was recommended to me as we have been watching the upcoming political race. Vance is the running mate of Trump and reading his story was really eye opening to me. I love hearing people’s stories and learning where they have come from. I thought this book was fascinating. I’ll be curious to see what happens in November.