11.01.2023

October books

 I read some great books this month.  It's been fun to be challenged by different ideas and concepts as well as to read really great stories!  First off: MY SISTER IN LAW WROTE A BOOK that came out on September 15.

The book is about coming of age, and Mal has developed the characters in such a beautiful way, with a unique story line that makes the book so hard to put down. She has a playlist that goes with it and was such a fun one to read.  I really haven't read anything like it and we are SO PROUD of her!  We would STRONGLY recommend it.  We are not biased.  I think you will REALY like it!
Catherine Price had written a book "How To Break Up With Your Phone", which had been recommended to me by multiple people when we were talking about phones for our kids, as well as how to set healthy boundaries with technology for ourselves.  I have not read that book, but she often references that book here, and defines what is false fun, that merely numbs and what is true fun, that brings life through playfulness, connection, and flow.  A very though provoking book that has led to really great conversations within my friend community.  I would recommend it!
This book had been recommended by other authors that I enjoy and I loved how it made me think differently about coming together.  I loved how she looks at the intentionality of each part of a gathering, whether a simple dinner in your home with friends, a staff event or conference, or an international corporate affair.  Her purposeful intentionality with each gathering was thought provoking as well as challenging to how I think about getting together... I love a book that makes me think differently about things and challenges me to be better...