5.09.2022

I love being their mama...

In so many ways, Mother's Day can be so hard. Either you wish to be a mom and struggle with infertility, or maybe you've lost your mom or don't like the relationship you have with your mom or never feel like you had a strong maternal figure... Maybe you wish you could be with your kids or your mom and you can't. Maybe you've lost a child... What ever it is, so many things can trigger people on something like Mother's Day weekend.  The Mother's Day after we had had our miscarriage was so painful... My heart was broken.  As I look back at this simple weekend of being together, my heart was filled with such joy, BECAUSE we've been there with broken hearts.  It made the joy even sweeter.  We had a sweet day.  Slow start, church, Avila's for lunch, naps, movie and In-N-Out:

I love being a mom to these two human beings. I've heard it said that to be a mother is to allow your heart to exist outside of your body. It could not feel more accurate...