7.06.2021

The Fourth of July 2021

 It was a sweet weekend in the midst of Kit teaching and I being scheduled to work on Sunday.  A few highlights of the weekend...

We finished a HUGE project in our backyard on Friday so we were just happy to chill Friday night.

On Saturday, we had some time at our pool:

Kit and Ryder did amazing food prep for pork belly sliders, smoked sausage, and pickled onions: 

On Sunday the Fourth, I started my morning with this text from the nurse staffing office:
I don't think there is a better feeling, for a nurse, on a holiday, than to get this text...
I was able to be at church to see Kit teach and to be with the kids.
Then it was off to our friends house for our annual Fourth of July celebrations!
Finishing up the pork belly first:
Oh, smoked sausage too:
Where they stayed the majority of the time: 
We {may} have had too much food... Nope, no such thing....
I really love that we get to do this together every year!
Then it was onto fireworks and s'mores:
There may have been multiple sugar highs...
We were out until well after midnight and we loved every second... I was so thankful to be there with all these people that I love!