9.25.2020

In-person Hybrid...

In-Person Hybrid: We have been saying this phrase quite a bit in our house.  It sounds like I'm going to spend time driving a Prius, but what it REALLY means is that the kids started back in school about three hours for 4 days a week, and continuing with on-line learning as well.  That all started yesterday.  We were able to go on Wednesday to walk through and show the kids what the plan was so that they could know what to expect.

Wednesday: (Eden hadn't walked onto campus since March)

We stopped by each class so that they knew what they were doing.
I can't handle that she is in third grade.
And I can't believe this kid is in 5th grade. 
This is the last year of elementary school for him...
On Thursday morning, we were all packed up and ready and school didn't start until noon... Sheesh, for a group of morning people, that is rough! 
Kit had left at 3am for a backpacking trip with his brother Andrew in Colorado, and so the kids naturally felt that his space needed to be filled:
Parents needed to park and walk up to their child's color coded gate and get them ready for temps to be taken and to walk in.  
Eden needed a picture for school and I just loved her little toothy smile...
Heading into school felt incredibly strange, but once we saw dear friends, I felt immediately relaxed...
I got a photo of her temp being taken, just to document the moment...
It was such gift, our kids walked into the same gate and their classes are right next to each other, which just made my heart so happy.  I can't promise that Ryder was AS thrilled, but Eden was ECSTATIC to be that close to her brother.❤︎
At the end of the day they said everything was really good.  I took huge sigh of relief.
~~~~~~~~~
Our prayer for them came from Isaiah 41:10 MSG:
"Don't panic.  I am with you.  There's no need to fear for I am your God. I'll give you strength.  I'll help you.  I'll hold you steady, and keep a firm grip on you..."
~~~~~~~
In all of this, He is not distant.  He loves my kids EVEN MORE than I could ever fathom.  They know He is with them. They were not afraid or panicked.  They were so ready!
Here we go into a new chapter of this whole thing.  
Deep breath...