11.07.2012

the election

Barack Obama will be president for another 4 years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night we went out to my sister's house and watched the election coverage together.  Kit and I vote via absentee ballot and since we had turned ours in awhile ago, it's been hard to wait to see the final outcome.  (It's also been hard to deal with all of the messages on our phone for campaign adds, the mailers that have been filling our mail box, and the signs that have been COVERING our city streets... I will not be missing all of that!)
My cousin Melissa and Cory and their daughter Olivia came too...
So fun.  I can't tell you how much we laugh when we are all together!
My sister ordered a 1 foot burrito and we ate ourselves silly as we watched all the tallies come in.
 
(Honestly, the girls sat at the kitchen table and shared stories and laughs while the guys kept us posted on what was happening.)It was a memorable night of connecting with people that we love!