3.29.2024

March books

We are back from our trip, it is almost Easter and I am very tired, but I got to read a couple of books over the last few weeks before and during our travels and since it's the end of the month I wanted to mention them...
Anne Lamott is a really wonderful story teller and though I don't hold all the same beliefs, I love how she shares stories of her life and what she has learned in them and how God's goodness is present through it all.  I appreciate in all of these books how she makes note of grace, hope, courage, and all the things that come with them through the stories of daily life.  I love how she attributes her sobriety, mental health, ability to navigate immense loss, and all the good things in her life to Jesus. She is real and raw and I am grateful for her words...
~~~~~~~~
Two of my all time favorite books is Anne Lamott's "Traveling Mercies" and "Operating Instructions".  I really enjoy her writing and work.
I loved this story. The main character, Elizabeth is strong and smart and as a story taking place in the 50’s and 60’s, she defies what women in science can be. Every book that has developed characters is always a win for me. I highly recommend it!